1917, the critically acclaimed, multi-award-winning action spectacle (including the Academy Award for ‘Best Cinematography’), arrives on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on 18 May 2020 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. Hailed as “one of the most stirring films of the year’’ (BBC Culture), the acclaimed film combines groundbreaking filmmaking, memorable performances, and an insight into the human experience against the shattering background of war. Additionally an Oscar-winner for ‘Best Visual Effects’ and ‘Best Sound Mixing’, 1917 is “an epic piece of filmmaking’’ (Time Out London).
In 1917, at the height of the First World War, two young British soldiers, Schofield (George MacKay) and Blake (Dean-Charles Chapman) are given a seemingly impossible mission. In a race against time, they must cross enemy territory and deliver a message that will stop a deadly attack on hundreds of soldiers—Blake’s own brother among them. 1917 comes to 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD with bonus content showcasing the incredible craft and artistry behind the immersive feature, including a detailed look into the production design, how the film engineered a one-shot, 360-degree format and interviews with the cast and crew.
In 1917, Academy Award-winning director Sam Mendes (American Beauty, Spectre) brought his Golden Globe and BAFTA award-winning directorial performance to a script co-written alongside Krysty Wilson-Cairns (Penny Dreadful). The film stars breakout actors George Mackay (Captain Fantastic, Pride,) and Dean-Charles Chapman (Game of Thrones). Accompanying Mackay and Chapman are standout performances by Mark Strong (Kingsman, The Imitation Game), Andrew Scott (Fleabag, Sherlock, Spectre), Richard Madden (The Bodyguard, Game of Thrones), Colin Firth (The King’s Speech, Bridget Jones) and Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock, Doctor Strange).
You can read Daniel Broadley’s review of the film here.
To celebrate this release, Frame Rated are giving away 1x Blu-ray and 1x vinyl record soundtrack of 1917 inside a branded tin containing a journal and compass.
To be in with a chance of winning this prize combo, simply answer this question:
When did the First World War end?
If you know the answer:
- Follow us on Twitter @FrameRatedUK.
- Use the contact form below to send us your answer and include your Twitter profile name and a valid UK or Ireland delivery address.
- Your subject must also be ‘1917 Competition‘.
Terms & Conditions:
- The deadline for entries is 19 May 2020 at 5PM (GMT).
- If you don’t include a valid UK or Ireland delivery address and a Twitter profile name, your entry will be disqualified.
- One entry per e-mail account. Multiple entries will be deleted and the sender blacklisted from future competitions.
- Winners will be chosen at random then informed within a few days of the competition ending.
- If the winner isn’t following our Twitter account, another winner will be chosen.
- We aren’t liable for safe delivery of this prize (this is the responsibility of the prize provider), but we can hasten on your behalf if necessary after 10 working days.
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment presents 1917 on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD from 18 May 2020. Also available now on Digital Download.