As the Python’s celebrate a very special birthday, Network Distributing is proud to announce Monty Python’s Flying Circus: The Complete Series 1, fully restored in high-definition for the first time!
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of a genuinely iconic series, Monty Python’s Flying Circus is presented as nature intended! With Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin now in HD glory, this ground-up restoration has been produced from the best available materials, painstakingly restored, and garnished with larks’ vomit…
Previously edited sketches have been returned to their original length while filmed sketch sequences and Terry Gilliam’s animations have been newly scanned in High Definition, adding unimaginable depth and clarity to some classic moments. From the archive come genuine rarities including previously unseen studio outtakes and extended versions of filmed sketch material, making this the ultimate in television restoration and a must-have for every generation of Python fan!
After nearly a decade of research and planning, this is a ground-up restoration by Network’s award-winning in-house team working from the best available materials—from first-generation two-inch videotape masters to surviving negative and print film material scanned in 2K. The wildly varying picture sources have been graded scene-by-scene and intensively cleaned up.
State of the art upscaling of SD videotape has been deployed with careful use of noise reduction for both video and film grain, resulting in a vastly improved viewing experience all round on Blu-ray HD format, far exceeding anything previously available.
To celebrate this release, Frame Rated are giving away 2x Blu-rays of MONTY PYTHON’S FLYING CIRCUS: SERIES 1.
To be in with a chance of winning a copy, just answer this question:
According to Python, what does nobody expect?
a) The Italian Interrogation.
b) The Spanish Inquisition.
c) A Croatian Cross-examination.
If you know the answer:
- Follow us on Twitter @frameratedUK.
- Use the contact form below to send us your answer and include your Twitter profile name.
- Remember to include a UK or Ireland address for delivery.
- The subject must also be ‘Monty Python Competition’.
Terms & Conditions:
- The deadline for entries is 7 November 2019 at 5PM (GMT).
- If you don’t include a valid UK or Ireland delivery address and a Twitter profile name, your entry will be disqualified.
- One entry per e-mail account. Multiple entries will be deleted and the sender blacklisted from future competitions.
- Winners will be chosen at random then informed by e-mail on the day the competition ends.
- If a winner doesn’t respond within 48-hours to our notification of their win, another winner will be chosen.
- We are not liable for safe delivery of this prize (this is the responsibility of the prize provider), but we can hasten on your behalf if necessary after 10 working days.